Sunday, 7 August 2011

Amazing Space!

Our room is finally finished......well almost. We are still searching for the right table; a fairly crucial piece for making full use of the room, and there are still many things to find places for, but give or take a bit of tweaking...it IS our amazing new space. It has been waiting, in my head, for 8 years! It was worth the wait, and better than I had imagined.
I shall take you through the journey, in pictures........

This is the only photo I have of the room as it started out. That carpet should be in the Museum of Psychedelia! It has been a dumping ground for the 8 years we have lived here.....this is tidy.....it really did get worse!


Wallpaper stripped, (very much helped along by my friend Mirjam!) room replastered, and undercoat on walls.



Colour on walls (paint colour called 'Liberty Blue'....how appropriate!). Floorboards scraped and sanded, and scraped and sanded....ALL by my wonderful husband.....it really has taken huge amounts of work and Phil has spent a LOT of his precious spare time doing this for us.



Some of the furniture in place. I have to just apologise here to Phil, and my brother Steffan, for all the "Up a bit, down a bit, left a bit...", (you get the idea), with the huge heavy shelves on the wall! They could have gone left just a tiny bit more.....but it's fine, it's fine...I'm NOT complaining!!



2 undercoats and 2 top coats painted on the floorboards..........and.....Curtains up!! I shall stop wittering on now and just show you the pictures of the room as it is now, today! I hope you like it as much as we all do.





3 clocks for learning about different time zones.



A birthday present from a friend, perfect for our room!


Subject shelf, just for display, to maybe spark new interests.

Grace's art supplies.

I wonder how long it will stay this neat and tidy.


It will never be called a school room! I don't really know what to call it, but I know it will be used by all of us for learning, playing, creating, sharing, relaxing and just being together.

Don't tell Phil, but I have some great ideas for our bathroom!!!

4 comments:

  1. Coolio!! Really really nice!
    And I can't wait to see the new bathroom!! ;) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mirjam. Perhaps I ought to let Phil have some holiday now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful room - I absolutely adore your chest of drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Hannah! I bought it about 7 years ago, not really knowing where it would go, it obviously had its plan all along! Perfect for all my arts and crafts stuff!

    ReplyDelete