Friday, 29 July 2011

Friday.

So I slipped up on following my menu plan yesterday, but all for a very worthwhile reason. We spent the day with some lovely friends on the other side of Dartmoor. There was a sick Teddy, with a mechanical problem, and my husband was the man to fix him! It was a very tense procedure; a little boy's happiness depended on this operation! The mechanics were mended and Teddy's fur carefully stitched back together by me. Teddy was handed back to his hopeful, loving owner.......I am not kidding when I say that we all held our breath for a few moments.......until joy of joys, Teddy's eyes opened.....and closed......and opened, and the biggest brightest smile spread across our little friend's face!!! We stayed and played, and chatted, and ate, (Thank you to my friend for sharing such a wonderful feast.) But we had a long drive home with a detour to make that would put a smile on my boy's face! My back pain was playing up again, and by the time we reached home, I just couldn't face putting a pie together plus accompaniments. As I said, we had eaten very well at lunch time and had also been given some food to bring home, so we were all happy with just a sandwich for dinner, then 'up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire'!

Thankfully no food was harmed (wasted) in the making of that story! My dear husband and I made the pie together this evening. Again it is my own recipe, which has been repeatedly requested for the past couple of years by lots of family and friends. It is chicken, leek and bacon pie, which was served tonight with mashed potato and lots of green beans.



Dinner was much appreciated after a good play with friends at the beach this evening, and has already been requested along with the roast chicken and potato salad, by my sister and nieces, who will be staying with us next week. We so love when they come to stay. It makes me so happy that all the cousins have such close relationships. I feel very blessed when this home of ours is full of children. I shall look forward to the usual fun and frolics!
If anyone would like any of my recipes, I am more than happy to share, just leave a comment; maybe I could create a recipe section on The Liberty Tree. x

No comments:

Post a Comment