It was an early start for ballet again today. I then had what is quite a rare thing for a home educating Mum......time out with no children! I don't ever really crave time alone because I really do cherish our time together day by day, but I had a great morning out, just me and my Mum! We went for a coffee and a natter at Staverton Bridge Nursery.
Phil and I took the children to Cockington Country Park again this evening and this time remembered to put the card in the camera. We wanted to see the finished piece of land art called Hazel Cloud, that I featured in an earlier post.
The hazel sticks have now been painted with red earth. I'm no expert at photography, I just point and shoot really. Here are a few photos of Hazel Cloud.
The red is stunning! We really love this piece of natural earth art! The artist told us yesterday that there are quite a few who don't like it, or who feel it shouldn't have been allowed at the country park. I'm glad it has! My children have been several times now and it has been a catalyst for much fun and conversation . We think it is truly beautiful.
Dinner was quite late tonight as we were really enjoying our walk this evening. But I did stick to my planned menu and we had roast chicken, roasted veg bulgar wheat salad and my own new potato salad recipe. I added a little extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice & freshly ground black pepper to some locally made free range mayonnaise. I quartered some baby potatoes (leaving the skin on) steamed them and allowed to cool to room temperature. Meanwhile I finely chopped some homegrown parsley and chives, finely sliced a red onion and fried a small amount of chopped bacon (as we had one slice left that needed to be used). When the potatoes had cooled enough I mixed all the ingredients together gently........and then we scoffed it! I made more than we needed so that my brother can try it when he comes to stay tomorrow. I will show you a couple of photos of dinner but I have to just tell you that food is one of the most difficult things to photograph!!
William and Grace have watched a program about what happens to food when being photographed for advertising.....for example; A roast chicken will be stuffed with dog food to plump it up, they also smear marmite over the skin to make it look brown and shiny! I don't know about you, but I have always thought that roast chicken in adverts looks horrible, their plan doesn't really work for me! So please remember that even though my photos may not be perfect, I think my food looks better because its naturally good and plates were emptied tonight! Happy days!
What did you have for dinner tonight?
No comments:
Post a Comment